Build your brand in the palm of your hand.
Everything needs a name, whether it's a company, a product, an organization or simply a concept. And when you finally do develop that identity, you want to be sure no one else is using it. But then what do you do?
Nomina is an easy-to-use, yet very powerful name search tool for the iPhone and iPod Touch*. Forget using high-priced services that charge you $40 for a simple trademark search. Simply enter any type of name into Nomina and in less than a minute you'll know:
• Which domains are available at .com, .net, .org, .biz and 20 other top level domains including many international domains (like co.uk).
• Is there an existing trademark? Nomina will search the U.S. Patent and Trademark office to see if your name is registered or if there is a registration pending.
• Is there any common-law useage of the name? Nomina will tell you how many hits there are for your name on Google, which is a good indicator of whether the name is in use or not. It will also search: Dun & Bradstreet, Thomas Guide, US Yellow pages and Reuters News.
• Search the Library of Congress for occurrences of your name, in case there may have been other titles or works that may cause confusion to the public.
• What is the relevance of my name? Nomina will tell you if your name is in the English dictionary, which can help you define what the name means and whether that name may create the wrong impression.
• Do you develop applications for iPhones? Nomina will also search the iTunes database to see if your name already exists for an iPhone app.
Nomina also saves you time. Manually doing a search like Nomina's on your computer can take up to twenty minutes per name. Nomina can do the same search in one minute or much less if you have a good internet connection, like WiFi or 3G. Want to save your results to your computer or share them with a colleague? Nomina includes an email button that allows you to send name search results to any valid email address.
Developing a name for a company or product is no easy task. And when you do develop the right name, you want to be in a position to grab that name as soon as possible. When inspiration hits, be sure you have the best and most powerful tool available for researching and saving your trademark.
• Popular TLDs (.com, .net, .org) as well as many others like .tv and international TLDs
• U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Library of Congress
• Thomas Guide
• Dun & Bradstreet
• iTunes App Database
• Simple graphic result summaries.
• Uses custom WHOIS code for fast and accurate domain searches.
• Direct access to WHOIS results.
• Safari button to visit websites of unavailable domains (someone else has a domain you wanted. What are they doing with it?)
• Multi-threaded, parallel searches for fast results.
• Uses custom web view code to view lookup data (eliminating the need to quit the app to see raw results)
• Email function to send results to yourself or colleagues.
• Completely configurable search. Select only the searches you deem relevant. Change the order in which searches are executed.
• Feedback settings: Sound and/or vibration when your search is complete.
• Sort recent history alphabetically or by most recent.
For more information and screen shots, visit Outspring Inc at www.outspring.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: NOMINA IS A TOOL FOR CONDUCTING A CURSORY SEARCH FOR AN AVAILABLE NAME OR TRADEMARK. SINCE THE PROGRAM RELIES ON OUTSIDE SERVERS AND SOURCES TO COMPILE ITS INFORMATION, OUTSPRING INC. CANNOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THE RESULTS. BEFORE INVESTING TIME, MONEY OR RESOURCES INTO A POTENTIAL NAME OR TRADEMARK, ALWAYS CONSULT A QUALIFIED TRADEMARK ATTORNEY FIRST.